Many patients inquire if they need cataract surgery.
Many are not sure, because they have been living with the slow progression of cataracts, not noticing the changes. They are accustomed to their compromised vision, often saying their sight is “just fine”.
Here are some signs that you may need cataract surgery:
- You have hazy or blurred vision, like you are looking through frosted glass.
- Light from the sun, lamps, or headlights are too bright and intense for your eyes.
- Colors may appear more dull than they used to be.
- Night driving is difficult and oncoming headlights appear too bright; may have halos or streaks around them.
- Cataracts are evident in your family history.
To be crystal clear if you need cataract surgery, here is a Self-Evaluation Questionnaire that should help you decide if cataract removal is necessary or an option. Submit the form for a free consultation, and the LaserVue team will carefully evaluate your condition and let you know if cataract surgery is your best treatment.
For more questions about cataract surgery, contact LaserVue for a free consultation at 1-800-LASER-45 (1-800-527-3745).