Many of our patients want to know what night driving is like after cataract surgery. The answer is not the same for everyone, but here are some typical experiences you may have with your vision while night driving after cataract surgery:
- Your visual clarity and the colors are much improved.
- You should be able to delineate the sharp outlines of a dark car on a dark background.
- You should not see halos around lights.
- Images on the sidewalks and inside cars should be very clear.
- Car lights and streetlights may be brighter.
- As your eyes adjust and heal, you may see light streaks off of street lights, tail lights, and oncoming headlights. This may happen temporarily as your eyes heal.
- You will see better when you drive. That should make you feel safer, and help you to enjoy driving again.
For more questions about how your vision and night driving will improve after cataract surgery, contact LaserVue for a free consultation at