If you are considering corrective eye surgery to improve your vision problems, you might have heard about SMILE eye surgery. SMILE is the most cutting-edge laser procedure available for conditions like myopia (near-sightedness). Not only will your vision improve, you will save the thousands of dollars you spend on glasses or contact lenses throughout your lifetime.
LaserVue Eye Center in Northern California is proud to offer ReLEx® SMILE Laser Eye Surgery, which uses the Zeiss VisuMax laser. This state-of-the-art medical device combines the safety of traditional vision correction techniques with even greater comfort and precision. Many candidates wonder what the costs are associated with this breakthrough procedure. While every operation can range in price, it generally costs $2,400-$3600 per eye.
What to Keep in Mind as You Consider SMILE Surgery
There are many reasons to consider SMILE when evaluating vision correction procedures. SMILE is similar to LASIK surgery, but is less invasive and has fewer potential complications. LASIK is a two-step process that involves creating a flap in the cornea. SMILE corrects vision without creating a flap in the cornea. Because of this, there is no potential for flap-related complications with SMILE. The procedure is completed in one step and it is quiet, odorless, and blade-free.
There are several factors that contribute to the cost of SMILE eye surgery at LaserVue Eye Center.
- Expertise – With over 30 years of combined experience, our doctors are dedicated to your well-being Both of the LaserVue Ophthalmologists, Dr. Jay Bansal and Dr. Swati Singh are recognized as two of “America’s Top Ophthalmologists” by the Consumers’ Research Council.
- Technology – LaserVue is proud to be the first laser vision correction center in Northern California to offer the Zeiss VisuMax laser for SMILE Laser Vision Correction.
- Surgeon Accomplishments – Dr. Bansal was among the first surgeons in California to perform both the LASIK & SMILE procedures. He is also a trainer to other surgeons for the Zeiss VisuMax laser.
- Patient Care – By our definition, personalized care means treating the person as well as the eye condition. When we treat a new patient, we treat you like a new member of our family.
- Proven Results – LaserVue Eye Center has an excellent record of successful SMILE procedures, satisfied patients, and outstanding results.
You should be wary if an unknown doctor is providing “discount” LASIK or SMILE surgeries. If you are feeling any doubts or reservations about receiving the procedure, don’t do it! At LaserVue, your health, comfort, and confidence are supremely important to us. Don’t hesitate to reach out with your questions or concerns about the SMILE procedure.
Will Health Insurance Cover My SMILE Eye Surgery?
You should talk to your healthcare provider about your need for SMILE Eye Surgery. In many cases, the procedure is not considered necessary from a medical standpoint, and therefore is not covered by health insurance.
Despite a lack of healthcare coverage, LaserVue Eye Center is committed to making this life-changing procedure available those who need it. We provide affordable financing options in order to deliver the benefits of SMILE to all. Schedule a free consultation with us to determine your options today.
ReLEx SMILE Laser Eye Surgery at LaserVue Eye Center
At LaserVue, there are several factors available that can help cover the costs of a SMILE surgery:
- 18 – 24 Month Financing – As a service to our Bay Area patients, we are pleased to offer financing options through Greensky Patient Solutions and Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. These financing partners offer up to 24 months of financing, with payments that work for you.
- Flexible Spending Account – Using a flexible spending account to help cover the costs of SMILE eye surgery is also an option. FSAs are usually provided by employers.
SMILE at LaserVue Eye Center
With three locations in Northern California, your vision needs will be met quickly and with the best care possible at LaserVue. Contact our team of highly trained and experienced surgeons today to find out what SMILE surgery can do for you!