Visian ICL (Implantable Collamer® Lens), is a refractive implant to correct common vision issues such as myopia (nearsightedness) and astigmatism. Unlike other vision correction options, Visian ICL is an additive technology which corrects vision without the removal of any corneal tissue. The Visian ICL is meant to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contacts and unlike most permanent refractive solutions, Visian ICL is removable.
Vision ICL is made of biocompatible Collamer material that works in harmony with your eye. Your LaserVue eye doctor will create a small opening in your cornea that will be used to insert and position the Visian ICL. The procedure is typically painless with numbing eye drops and is usually takes less than 20 – 30 minutes. You can experience improved vision right away and a quick recovery time.
Pre-Op Eye Exam*
Eye Drops Administered
Lens Insertion and Positioning
Post Op & Check-up
*PIs are performed 1-2 weeks prior to implant surgery.
The cost of a Vision ICL procedure can vary depending on your personalized treatment plan. Many Vision ICL patients look forward to spending less in the long run with the Visian ICL compared to the continued costs of contacts and glasses. Ask our staff about financing options and payment plans that may be available for your Vision ICL procedure.
“I had my first opportunity to put my Visian ICL eyes to the test recently in the Brazilian Rainforest, and it couldn’t have been more exciting to be able to spot rare species better than ever.”PHIL TORRES, ENTOMOLOGIST, TV SHOW HOST
“I would never be able to just wake up and go, and now I can literally just roll out of bed and go straight to the farmers market.”SARA TSO, CHEF
Visian ICL is well-suited for a wide variety of people. Ideal candidates for Visian ICL are aged 21 to 45 nearsightedness and have maintained a stable prescription for at least one year. Visian ICL is not an option for patients who are pregnant, nursing, or those with a history of eye disease. If you are seeking a solution to decrease or eliminate the cost or frustration of traditional contacts or glasses, Visian ICL may be your answer. Contact your eye doctor to discuss if Visian ICL is right for you.
Contact us to find out if Visian ICL is right for you.
"*" indicates required fields
Important Safety Information for Visian ICL: Before considering Visian ICL surgery you should have a complete eye examination and talk with your eye care professional about Visian ICL surgery, especially the potential benefits, risks, and complications. You should discuss the time needed for healing after surgery.
1. Shin, JY. Ahn, H. Seo, KY. Kim, EK. Kim, TK. Comparison of higher order aberrations after implantable collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guide LASEK in high myopia. J Refract Surg. 2012; 28(2): 106 -111
2. MICL PMA data
3. Data on file. STAAR Surgical.
4. Parkhurst, G. Psolka, M. Kezirian, G. Phakic intraocular lens implantantion in United States military warfighters: A retrospective analysis of early clinical outcomes of the Visian ICL. J Refract Surg. 2011;27(7):473 – 481\
5. Naves, J.S. Carracedo, G. Cacho-Babillo, I. Diadenosine Nucleotid Measurements as Dry-Eye Score in Patients After LASIK and ICL Surgery. Presented at American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2012.
6. Parkhurst G. A Prospective Comparison of Phakic Collamer Lenses and Wavefront-Optimized Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis for Correction of Myopia. Clinical Ophthalmology 2013; 10: 1209-1215.