The Latest Advancement in Vision Correction Surgery
At LaserVue Eye Center, we take pride in offering you a variety of advanced vision correction options so we can find the best vision solution for you. We are excited to announce that the EVO Visian ICL Lens, which earned FDA approval in the United States in March 2022, is now available for our patients in San Francisco, Santa Rosa, and Mountain View.
What is the EVO Visian ICL Lens?
EVO Visian ICL is an Implantable Collamer® Lens that is designed to give you crisp, clear vision.1-4 Like LASIK or PRK, EVO Visian ICL is a refractive surgery that can correct nearsightedness (myopia) with or without astigmatism. What sets ICL apart is that it can correct a high range of myopia without removing any corneal tissue or contributing to dry eye syndrome.5
The EVO Visian ICL Lens is made of Collamer, a biocompatible material that is flexible and works in harmony with your eye. The lens is implanted in a 20 to 30 minute procedure and patients typically enjoy a quick recovery time.
Learn More About the EVO Visian ICL Procedure
Benefits of the EVO Visian ICL Lens
- Can correct/reduce nearsightedness for a wide range of vision, including patients with prescriptions up to -20 diopters and astigmatism up to 4.0 D.
- Provides excellent night vision4,6
- Suitable for patients with dry eye concerns5
- Great for patients with thin corneas, who may not be candidates for other vision correction procedures
- Designed for permanent vision correction, but removable by your doctor and upgradable, if needed
- Has natural UV protection
- Once in place, you will not be able to feel or see the lens
- 20 to 30 minute procedure with quick recovery
Is the EVO Visian ICL the Right Vision Correction Option for You?
If you are seeking freedom from glasses or contact lenses, the EVO Visian ICL may be right for you. Ideal candidates are:
- Between the ages of 21 and 45
- Seeking treatment for nearsightedness (with or without astigmatism)
- Stable in their current prescription for at least one year
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
Interested in learning more about vision correction with the EVO Visian ICL Lens? A consultation appointment is the best way to decide if it is right for you and to get answers to any questions you have about achieving your best possible vision without glasses or contact lenses. Contact us now.
(1) Sanders D, Vukich J. Comparison of implantable collamer lens (ICL) and laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for Low Myopia. Cornea. 2006.
(2) Shin J, et al. Comparison of higher order aberrations after implantable Collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guide LASEK in high myopia. J Refract Surg. 2012; 28(2): 106-111.
(3) Igarashi A, et al. Visual Performance after implantable Collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guided laser in situ keratomileusis for high myopia. Am J Opthalmol. 2009.
(4) Martínez-Plazs E, López-Miguel A, López-De La Rosa A, et al. Effect of the EVO+ Visian Phakic Implantable Collamer Lens on Visual Performance and Quality of Vision and Life, Am J Ophthalmol 2021;226: 117–125.
(5) Naves J, et al.. Diadenosine nucleotide measurements as dry-eye score in patients after LASIK and ICL surgery. Presented at American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2012.
(6) Parkhurst G. A prospective comparison of phakic Collamer lenses and wavefront-optimized laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis for correction of myopia. Clinical Ophthalmology. 2016.
Important Safety Information
The Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL lens is intended to correct/reduce nearsightedness between -3.0 up to -20.0 D and treat astigmatism from 1.0 D to 4.0 D. If you have nearsightedness within these ranges, Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL surgery may improve your distance vision without eyeglasses or contact lenses. Because the Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL corrects for distance vision, it does not eliminate the need for reading glasses, you may require them at some point, even if you have never worn them before. Since implantation of the Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL is a surgical procedure, before considering Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL surgery you should have a complete eye examination and talk with your eye care professional about Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL surgery, especially the potential benefits, risks, and complications. You should discuss the time needed for healing after surgery. Complications, although rare, may include need for additional surgical procedures, inflammation, loss of cells from the back surface of the cornea, increase in eye pressure, and cataracts. You should NOT have Visian ICL and EVO Visian ICL surgery if your doctor determines that 1) the shape of your eye is not appropriate, 2) you do not meet the minimum endothelial cell density for your age at the time of implantation, or 3) your vision is not stable; or if you are pregnant or nursing.
For additional information with potential benefits, risks and complications please visit DiscoverICL.com